chicken hunterS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chicken hunterS

OpenArena Clan

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF

Go down 
+2
light
c:fx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chS/member

Flag : Germany

Clan : chS

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF Empty
PostSubject: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:31 am

Hi guys, some have seen it already on the AS page --> AS view topic CBFDcolors

I restarted a map which is a remake of one of my all time favorite games, Conkers Bad fur day for Nintendo 64.

its a multiplayer CTF map, with 2 bases / bunkers and a bridge between.
there are various ways to capture the flag.

heres how it looked like:

atm the map is only half (one base and the bridge) i will mirror it later

the .pk3 (meta version)

the .map

heres a pic from radiant

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF CBFDcol2gtkscreen
what should i put in the area behind the base?? fill it up, or make a wall, void?

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF Areabehindbase
known errors:
- one texture at bridge and tele is missing
- one tele not working

note: the working title has also been CBFDBeach (which is another conkers bad fur day multiplayer level)
but its the same map Wink

thanks for help

Last edited by c:fx on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
light
chS/leader
light

Flag : Italy

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 pm

c:fx wrote:

what should i put in the area behind the base?? fill it up, or make a wall, void?

How wide is the inside area in the base?

I need some picture about it with a player in there.
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 pm

the red box on the first pic is the start position, so it has the size of a player... (32u)

here's a pic of the inside (couldnot toggle to 3rd person view...)

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF Shot0004
the jumpad has twice the players size ( = 64)

the inside areas have a diameter of 512, the hallways have less then 256.
the hallways / floors have a height of 256, total height is 896
the flag is 2176 away from the center, total distance between the flags would be 4352
the "dead" corners are triangles of about 896 x 896

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF Overview
Back to top Go down
3blo0dz

3blo0dz

Flag : Mexico

Clan : supeR

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:19 pm

woah i gota get that game x)

The map would look fantastic in OA/AS =D

good job mate!
Back to top Go down
http://fofdownloads.wordpress.com/
3blo0dz

3blo0dz

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:21 pm

btw you should put a logo of the clan in the middle of the map or in the bases =D

(if you want) Sweat drop
Back to top Go down
Provv
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:48 pm

I think the map has the right player proportions. watching on AS fourm I think it's a very nice open map for ctf!

I never played that game, I know it by its fame Smilie and I think is the weirdest and courageous game ever eheheheh! depends if you loved the not politically correct version XD

I would ask server administrator to upload it on the servers, just to try it with many human players.

good job!
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 am

ye, everyone with pretty bad humor will love this game^^

Quote :
btw you should put a logo of the clan in the middle of the map or in the bases =D

good idea to make a chS base Smilie

regarding the open space: i wanted it to be as close as possible to the original, but adjusted to Quakes proportions.

so i want to add the areas at the bridge like i did in the previous version (see pics on AS forum).
maybe a second version without that stuff? just empty, only bridge like now?

we will see when testing.
Quote :
I would ask server administrator to upload it on the servers, just to try it with many human players.
ye, nice, let me mirror it before so we can really test it ^^

thanks for the props Smilie
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 pm

sorry, i have to repeat that this game is so fu**ing epic!

i bought it recently for 149 euros... mad huh ? Very happy
but i had to have it... a friends brother had one, which i borought over 1 year back in 2005 or so...
i gave it back to him, and later he lost it...
Back to top Go down
3blo0dz

3blo0dz

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm

besides this game, i like banjo kazzoy x) greate game...
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:39 pm

3blo0dz wrote:
besides this game, i like banjo kazzoy x) greate game...

thats fo shure! but i lost it... but i still have

banjo tooie
donkey kong 64
diddy kong racing
Back to top Go down
3blo0dz

3blo0dz

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm

i got mario kart, zelda ocarina of time, donkey kong racing, banjo tooie, ranbow six, etc.

what can i say i love nin. 64 Give heart
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 pm

ye me too,
its the first console i got, back in 1998, and it will be the one lasting the longest Smilie
its so solid, also the cardridges.
i had a gamecube, but i broke, because the discs had scratches, and they made the laser burn itself....
Back to top Go down
3blo0dz

3blo0dz

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

yeah Nintendo 64 rules! Yahoo
Back to top Go down
light
chS/leader
light

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:41 pm

about the map seems good like now..so without room in the corner..i guess the void it's ok Smilie

P.s. i have a gamecube..my first console Smilie..and i loved it Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiny

Tiny

Flag : France

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Offtopic: get a N64 emulator, you'll get all your old games ^^
Back to top Go down
http://god-oa.de/smf/
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:36 pm

OT: hehe do you know a good one? the Ines IVW Trier either didnt work or sucked...
Back to top Go down
PigCell
chS/member
PigCell

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:07 am

Had a brief look at the map file last night. Looks much better in terms of scale, sizes and proportions. Well done. I remember playing Conker, the single player game a bit. I checked out the videos and got a basic idea of how the original plays.

Here's the difficult bit: Figuring out how to make the map work in Quake will require some artistic licence. The way Conker deals with shooting is different from Quake, and it appears that splash damage and movement restriction is much less of a thing. You might also consider adding a tier to the flag tower to restrict flag to flag railgun abuse.

That map is giving me tons of ideas of what could be done... which is a good thing I guess. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 am

PigCell wrote:
Here's the difficult bit: Figuring out how to make the map work in Quake will require some artistic licence. The way Conker deals with shooting is different from Quake, and it appears that splash damage and movement restriction is much less of a thing.

no, its not really my goal to make it full conker like, it should be a pure Q3 / OA map but only the idea is based on the Conker map... but every bit closer to the original is nice to have but no must.

PigCell wrote:
You might also consider adding a tier to the flag tower to restrict flag to flag railgun abuse.
ye i will protect it^^
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:32 pm

ok here s the next version:

cbfd2b.bsp

edit: im really good in making teles 1 out of 4 works Smilie
Back to top Go down
PigCell
chS/member
PigCell

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 am

The rough scale seems to work. If you think about a few places for major powerups - say, quad underneath the centre arch - it might lead you towards new, interesting shapes. The floor could have elevation differences, etc.

Since the bases are with their 'backs' against the wall, you can also get away with not doing any rear walls at all. There could be fake tower fronts, rock cliffs, brick walls, or just plain old sky behind.

Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:36 am

lol
c:fx wrote:
OT: hehe do you know a good one? the Ines IVW Trier either didnt work or sucked...
my cell wrote this rubbish... i dont know Ines IVW from Trier ^^
no, i wanted to write "the ones i've tried either didn't work or sucked..." Smilie

------------------

PigCell wrote:
The rough scale seems to work.
yesterday i opend one of the first versions of the map... cbfd2b would almost fit into one room of it xD

PigCell wrote:
If you think about a few places for major powerups - say, quad underneath the centre arch - it might lead you towards new, interesting shapes.
ye, item placement was just random, have not thought about it yet, still a bit too early, but one of the next steps.

PigCell wrote:
The floor could have elevation differences, etc.
I'll put the stuff from the other map back in: the tunnel on one - the void and small bridge at the other side.

PigCell wrote:
Since the bases are with their 'backs' against the wall, you can also get away with not doing any rear walls at all. There could be fake tower fronts, rock cliffs, brick walls, or just plain old sky behind.
I might layer a "bed" for the map with Easygen, see Easygen VTM pt 1 on level-designer.de

thx for feedback & cheers
Back to top Go down
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 am

with chS base [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF 3553796804

CBFD2C2.pk3

cbfd2c.map

- fixed teles (one still broke)
- bigger jumpads, and they work
- smaller textures (pk3 has now 3 i/o 5mb)

edit: oh and in case someone wants it separately: here's the chSwallbot custom texture: chSwallbot.jpg
saw it's not centered... who cares?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF   [MAP] CBFD Colors CTF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[MAP] CBFD Colors CTF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chicken hunterS :: OpenArena :: OpenArena 360° :: AfterShock-
Jump to: